Thursday, January 7, 2016

Finding the Perfect Fit by Samantha Garza, Vice President

I had a tough time finding the right Spirit Group for me. I was looking for a group that liked doing lame things, like bowling or putt putt, but still liked to go to frat parties and dirty sixth. I was looking for girls that weren’t full of drama and didn’t make me feel like I had to act a certain way around them. 
When I came across the Ladybirds, they were just starting out. I immediately clicked with Hayden during my interview (btw, we still need to have a Spice Girls party). After meeting the other girls, I realized that I had finally found exactly what I was looking for – the perfect fit. 
Since then, I have watched this group grow from a few friends to a family. These are the kind of girls who will be your support system when you’re at your lowest low. They will never judge you for stuffing your face at brunch, but will be right beside you chowing down. They will never laugh at you, but will always laugh with you. They will be by your side on the dance floor and never let you hide in the corner. They will push you to be your best, but will never tear you down. 
Most importantly, they will never try to change you. That’s why I love the Ladybirds. It is an organization that fits me and I never have to worry about trying to fit it.